Executive Director, SA Foundation
To build pathways for others to discover and develop unrealized potential that resides within. There is nothing more exciting or powerful than participating in someone else’s “aha” moment that propels their life forward in meaningful ways.
- Founder of Soaring with Eagles Foundation, a college freshman leader development program based on core values, passion and purpose housed at Kansas State University Staley School of Leadership Studies Honors Program
- Founder of Deb Richard Foundation, a fully endowed scholarship program at the University of Florida for physically disabled youth
- 1986-2005 Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) tour player: captured six titles
- 1984 United States Women’s Amateur Golf Champion (Seattle, WA) and 1984 World Cup Team and Individual Champion (Hong Kong, China)
- 1985 led the University of Florida women’s golf team to its first NCAA Championship title
- Represented the United States in three international team events: 1992 Solheim Cup (Scotland), 1984 World Cup (Hong Kong, China), and 1981 PGA Junior National Team vs Venezuela (Florida)
- 2010 NCAA Silver Anniversary Award recipient in celebration of 25 years of achievement in sport and philanthropic endeavors
- Awards and Honors: Distinguished Alumni University of Florida, 1985 Broderick Award as top female collegiate golfer, Paul Harris Fellow (Rotary Foundation), Samaritan Award (LPGA), Founders Cup Award (Golf Digest), and Good Sports Award (Sports Illustrated for Kids)
- Hall of Fame Inductions: Kansas Sports, Kansas Golf, and University of Florida
- Bachelor of Arts in Advertising from the University of Florida
- Authenticity – A way of life that allows for the full expression of self, every day in every environment. It is honest and it is genuine.
- Perspective – A reflection of the impact of life experiences. A simplistic way of looking at complicated issues to arrive at ideas that move situations in positive directions.
- Critical Thinking – Immersing in situations and perceiving/understanding more than the first layer of reason. Driven to pursue the meaning behind the action and not rely upon first impulses.
- Equity – Everyone has a positive gift to give to the world. All gifts have value regardless of how they are expressed and celebrated. Everyone deserves an opportunity to chase their passion.
- Perseverance – Building a successful, fulfilling life requires sacrifice. The dedication to bring the best of self to the arena every day in pursuit of goals and reach beyond the “crossroad” challenges is the ultimate commitment to one’s own life.