E. Ashley Dean
Director of Corporate Development
Ashley is an avid sports enthusiast and is an athlete for life. Its no surprise she has remained in the sports industry for over 17 years. Her experience has ranged from Collegiate Volleyball Coach and Youth Development and Program Director to most recently General Manager and her current role as Director of Corporate Development.
Ashley’s focus is on engaging in meaningful relationships and strategic alliances with individuals and companies in the Greater Los Angeles Area and beyond- evaluating partnerships/sponsorships and value-based growth opportunities for Sports Academy. When not busy with her ‘day job’, Ashley serves as Director of Academy Volleyball – the developmental volleyball program at SA, which brings her great joy and content during her time on the court.
She resides in Thousand Oaks with her wife of seven years. Both are avid sports enthusiasts and enjoy road biking, mountain biking, hiking, yoga and spending time with family and friends.
Life is about being a part of something greater than myself; being a contributor, a thought leader, a mentor, a friend, a role model. I believe the journey one takes through sport is a catalyst for developing greatness: the dedication, the will, the challenge and ultimately, the growth.
- Women In Sports and Events (WISE LA) – Board Member
- 2017 Conejo Valley 40 Under 40 Honoree
- 2017 Start Up Weekend Conejo Valley – Planning Committee Member
- 2017 RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) – Volunteer
- 2016 -2017 Leadership Conejo Graduate – Class 15
- 2015 -2017 General Manager, Sports Academy
- Master of Business Administration from Northeastern University in Boston, MA
- Certificate of Training in European Business and Global Strategies from Emlyon Business School in Lyon, France
- Bachelor of Arts in American Government from Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH
- 4 yr. NCAA Division I Volleyball, Dartmouth College
- Two-Time Captain & Three-Time All Ivy League Selection, Darmouth College
- Fifteen plus years of national and international volleyball coaching experience at the youth, junior and collegiate level.
- U.S. Sports Envoy Program – (2008 – Recife, Brazil and 2011 – Peru): Taught foreign youth about American sportsmanship through the universal language of sport.
- Nine years of experience as a Youth Program Director and Curriculum Coordinator at the private and non – profit level
- Amateur Athletic Union -Positive Coaching Alliance – Level Three Certification
- USA Volleyball – IMPACT Certification, CAP I Certification
- Co-Founder and Co-Owner of All Seasons Event Planning in Sun Valley, ID
- Five years of experience in the event planning and event specialist industry
- American Rental Association – Certified Event Rental Professional
- Social Intelligence – Adaptability to a variety of group situations. Intuitively aware of people’s motivations and feelings, which leads to honest relationships.
- Enthusiasm & Energy – Life is an adventure. Inquisitive by nature, exploration and discovery are consistently pursued.
- Teamwork – Thrives in group settings where collaboration around common goals is targeted.
- Learning from others guides behavior to put group objectives before individual wishes.
- Leadership – As a role model, motivating individuals to achieve team aspirations through the building of self-confidence guides my leadership.
- Genuineness – As a values-based leader, I wear my heart on my sleeve as a genuine expression of self. Behavior is predictable and reliable.