Hunter Swanson, Director of the Learning Center. As a part of Sports Academy’s full-circle approach, Hunter focuses on the “student” in student athlete. Hunter’s goal is to ensure that students succeed both in the classroom and on the field.
A perennial scholar athlete, he was a starting pitcher at University of California, San Diego before an injury caused him to transfer to the University of California,
Santa Cruz on an academic scholarship. Since graduating with his Bachelor’s Degree in Literature, he has gone on to coach high school basketball as well as graduate valedictorian with a Master’s Degree in Screenwriting from Cal State Fullerton. He continued to follow his dream of educating youth by becoming a teacher at a residential adolescent treatment facility in Malibu. There he worked closely with schools from around the world to help maintain the academic standings of each student that entered the program. This coupled with beginning his second Master’s Degree, this one in Literature and Linguistics, Hunter exemplifies a tenacious desire for learning and educating.
- Bachelor’s from UC Santa Cruz – Literature with a concentration in Fiction Writing
- MFA Screenwriting – Cal State Fullerton
- MA English – Cal State Northridge (currently working on it)
- Varsity Basketball – 2 years
- Varsity Baseball – 3 years
- Angel’s Connie Mack 18u Team – 2 years
- Starting Pitcher for UC San Diego
- Teacher at Paradigm Treatment Facility
- Tutor at Moorpark College
- Basketball Coach at Moorpark High School
- Basketball Coach at Woodbridge High School
- Director for Skyhawks Sports Summer Camp
“I want to inspire the idea of greatness and instill the desire to achieve it.”
I became an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church so I could officiate my best friend’s wedding.