Director of Track & Endurance Sports
Jenny oversees events such as cross-country, marathons, triathlons, adventure races, cycling and mountain biking are all types of endurance sports. In addition, Jenny heads up the Sports Academy Track Club, a USATF certified club for youth, high school and adult runners and track athletes.
Jenny began her track career at the age of eight with the Newbury Park Track Club. After graduating from Newbury Park High School where she excelled in sprints and long jump, she was recruited to compete for the University of Oregon in the heptathlon. Jenny was a scholar athlete and PAC 10 Scorer during her four seasons at Oregon. While completing her Master’s Degree at Oregon, she coached at Willamette University, which led to her first Div. 1 coaching position at DePaul University in Chicago. After experiencing the extreme weather in Chicago, Jenny moved back to SoCal to take a job at UC Santa Barbara as their sprints, jumps, hurdles and multievent coach. She is now back in the area coaching the Newbury Park HS Girls Cross Country Team which has resulted in two Marmonte League Championships. She also helps coach the Oaks Christian High School sprinters and hurdlers where they have won the Marmonte League Championship (2015), CIF-SS Div. 4 Championship (2014, 2015) and the 2015 Girls State Championship.
Since birth, Jenny has been on the move. She loves being outside either running, biking, hiking or playing at the beach. She completed her first triathlon last summer and is ready for more. Not surprisingly, traveling is also a passion for Jenny. She’s visited Europe, Israel, Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Hawaii, and the Caribbean.
Athletics is my way to build character, confidence and a love for the sport in each of my athletes. Everyday we face a challenge to overcome; we can either choose to persevere or give up. Every time we choose to persevere we are training ourselves to overcome any challenges we face on and off the track/field/course. Character is built in these everyday decisions. Character is what you will be known for throughout your life.
- USA Track & Field Certified Coach with extensive expertise in coaching sprint mechanics and running form to youth, high school, adult and professional athletes including baseball, football and soccer players.
- Sprint, hurdle, and jumps coach for NCAA Division 1 programs at DePaul University in Chicago and UC Santa Barbara.
- High School Track & Cross Country Coach: Head Sprint Coach for Oaks Christian High School Track & Field team, helping the Lions to a Marmonte League Championship in 2015, CIF SS Div 4 Championships in 2014 & 2015 and the California State Championship in 2015. Head Girls Cross-Country Coach for Newbury Park High School, leading the team to 3 CIF SS Divisional Final appearances and back to back Marmonte League Championship titles in 2014 & 2015.
- Established an elite Track & Field Club for local high school and middle school athletes, winning the first ever California State Indoor Championship in 2015 and traveling nationally to other high level meet.
- Sense of Purpose
- Capacity to love and be loved
- Citizenship, teamwork, loyalty
- Honesty, authenticity and genuineness
- Humor and playfulness
- Hard work
- Quality time with others