Director of Basketball
Shawn is responsible for all things basketball at Sports Academy. From logistics and programming to operations and coordination, if it’s basketball-related Shawn’s the one to get the job done.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Shawn started her journey at Bishop Alemany High School. She started on the Varsity team for four years, as captain for the latter three. After graduating with honors, she went on to the U.S. Air Force Preparatory Academy where she earned multiple Academic and Military Ropes while maintaining Top 3 rank in a class of over 500 cadets. She was also the starting point guard and team captain at the Academy. Shawn received her Bachelor of Arts in International Relations & Global Business from USC in 2012.
Player-turned-coach, Shawn returned to her alma mater as Head Coach of the freshman and Junior Varsity teams and assistant coach of the Varsity team, which won the 2013 DIII CIF State Championship. She then worked as a coaching intern with the Stanford University Women’s Basketball team that reached the Final Four in the 2013-2014 season. After, she moved on to become an assistant coach at Cal State LA, where she has been since. Shawn has several years of experience in the sports industry including an internship and subsequent role as a Statistics Analyst with the LA Clippers from 2009-2013, as well as work on multiple Nike Women’s Run Series events from 2014-2016.
Shawn’s passion statement can be summed up in a quote by Ryan Leslie, “My passion – the reason for my existence. My success – the product of my persistence.”
“My passion – the reason for my existence. My success – the product of my persistence.”
- B.A. International Relations & Global Business from the University of Southern California.
- Attended the U.S. Air Force Academy Preparatory School and earned multiple Academic and Military Performance Ropes while ranking top 3 in class of 500+ cadets.
- Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach at Cal State L.A. for the past 2 years.
- Coaching/Operations Intern with the Stanford Women’s Basketball Team (2013-14) that went onto the Final Four.
- 5+ years coaching basketball at the collegiate, club/AAU, and high school levels including Bishop Alemany HS where she was part of leading them to a CIF State Championship.
- Worked with the LA Clippers organization for 4 years in Fan Relations and Statistics Analysis.
- 5+ years in event marketing and operations including the Nike Women’s Run Series, ESPY Celebrity Golf Classic, LASEC’s LA Lakers All-Access, DirecTV Men’s Basketball Classic, Steve Nash Foundation Showdown, and more.
- U.S. Air Force Women’s Basketball point guard and captain (2006-07).
- Played at Bishop Alemany HS (2002-06) where she was: a 4-year varsity starter, 3-year captain, all CIF, Mission League MVP, and Daily News All-Area 1st Team.
- Critical Thinking
- Work Ethic