Winter League 2022/2023 (6 week season + 2 weeks playoffs + All Star Week)
- September 19, 2022 -Registration opens on Sports Academy website
- Remains open until all divisions are maxed out
- Week of November 7th Player Training ( optional ) & Coaches Clinics
- Week of November 14 – 16 – 21 – 23 are Evaluations
- Week of Nov 28th & Dec 5th – Coaches meeting & draft
- Week of December 12th – Practices start
- Off December 24th – January 1st
- January 5, 2023 – Regular season games start
- February 24, 2023 – Championship & Consolation Games
- March 3, 2023 – All Star Games
See your team’s Game Schedule HERE
Practice and Sports Performance Training Schedule
Recreational League Goals
Our objectives are to develop and offer the players the opportunity to learn the fundamental skills while instilling life lessons and values such as character, respect, accountability, teamwork and sportsmanship to all who will participate in the Sports Academy Spring Youth League. Applying the discipline of sports, all participants shall endeavor to teach sportsmanship in a team environment, physical fitness through individual effort, and wholesome well-being through physical activity and social association with other youths under proper adult leadership. The objective will be achieved by providing a competitive, supervised youth basketball rec league.
This league’s focus is on the player experience
We hope all players will fall in love with the great game of basketball, meet new people, make new friends, better understand teamwork, make fantastic memories, and more.
That being said, our league performs a player evaluation, with independent evaluators, followed by a proven and well-established draft process. Simply put, this draft process allows the coaches to choose players based on their evaluations via a serpentine order with the goal of team parity and equality.
Practice times are offered indoors at Sports Academy once a week for an hour, and as space is limited, practice times may not be compatible with your or your coach’s schedule. Outdoor practices may be chosen by your coach as a solution.
Volunteers Coaches Wanted!
If you understand basketball in any aspect, we’d like to hear from you. We are in need of coaches for our youth leagues that range from grades 1st-9th. Contribute to a good cause, at no cost, provide leadership among our youth teams.
For youth sports players, participation is a chance to experience fun competition and learn new skills in a supportive, safe environment. Volunteer coaches help make that possible. Plus it helps you learn about the sport and spend some quality time with your kid. Volunteer head coaches help make this possible, assistant coaches are also welcome and if you are interested in either one fill out this form.
Register BelowRegistration Includes:
- 6 weeks of regular season
- Playoffs for all teams, weeks 7 and 8
- 1 hour practice per week at Sports Academy or Borchard Gym
- Guaranteed Playing Time
- Thursday and Friday Evening Games
- No weekend games