Recipe of the Week – Chicken Zucchini Meatballs
Nutritionist Julia Budniak has brought another awesome simple salad to you this week: Chicken Zucchini Meatballs!
This week Julia is hooking us up with a delicious meal that will help you recover when you’re taking your workouts to the next level. When you push your body harder, you need lean protein and vegetables for optimal muscle repair and recovery. As you go harder, your body will keep up with you. Enjoy this week’s recipe – chicken zucchini meatballs.
- 1 Large Zucchini, ends removed and cut to fit chute
- ½ Yellow Onion, cut to fit chute
- 1 lb Organic Ground Chicken
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using blander/nutribullet or hand veggie spiralizer, shred the zucchini into a bowl. Place the zucchini into a cheesecloth or a kitchen towel and ring out all excess liquid. Place back into the bowl.
- Chop the onion into the same bowl and add all remaining ingredients. If mixture feels too wet, add extra almond flour 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency has been reached.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Roll mixture into meatballs, about 1 heaping tablespoon worth of meat per meatball. You can also use a small ice cream scoop to ensure evenly sized meatballs.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Enjoy your Chicken Zucchini Meatballs! For more information on Sports Academy’s Nutritionist Julia Budniak, or if you have a request for a meal you would like to see, please visit our Nutrition page. Check in next Wednesday for another #healthyhumpday meal.