How to prepare for your most accurate body composition (Bodpod) reading!
- Wear tight compression shorts(no padding) – men, or one-piece swim suit / compression shorts + sports bra (spandex / lycra best) – women. Loose clothing or cotton will make the reading inaccurate.
- Don’ t eat, drink at least 3 hrs before the test! Overnight fast is best, but if your test is in the afternoon, eat a low fiber meal 4 – 5 hrs before.
- Your dinner the night before should be low fiber because any excess gas or bloating in your intestines will increase your body fat reading!
- Avoid excess salt and fried food the night before!Sodium can cause water retention and excess bloating.
- Shave! Facial or chest hair will trap air and make your volume reading inaccurate. You will cover your head with a cap, but it’ s hard to cover other areas of your body.
- Don’ t exercise or lift heavy, day before the test.Any slight volume changes from muscle inflammation(or injury) will change your volume and make the reading inaccurate. If you trained hard the day before, try an ice bath and compression.
- For women: do not perform the test when you’ re menstruating or close to it. Water retention will change your body volume.
- Stop drinking water at least 2 hrs before the test, but do not test dehydrated!Water is part of your fat free mass, so make sure you hydrate well the day before.
- Do not start taking creatine the week of the test.Initial loading will affect your body volume.
- Try to keep your body temperature stable… no overheating or shivering prior to the test.
The BOD POD Gold Standard Body Composition System is an air displacement plethysmograph which uses whole-body densitometry to determine body composition (fat and fat-free mass) in adults and children and can accommodate a wide range of populations.
A full test requires only about 5 minutes and provides highly accurate, safe, comfortable, and fast test results. All Bod Pod results are reviewed by a nutritionist and explained in great detail to the client.
The world’s gold standard for fast, accurate and safe body composition assessment
- Gold Standard accuracy using whole body densitometry
- Excellent test-to-test repeatability
- Fat and Fat-Free Measurements
- Fast test time (2 minutes inside BOD POD and about 5 minutes total test time)
- Safe, non-invasive, and ideally suited for frequent testing
- Flexibility in testing special populations, including young children with Pediatric Option