Complimentary Nutrition Seminar
Do you know what's in your supplement bottle? Are the ingredients listed even there? Come learn EVERYTHING you need to know about supplements, the industry, what's worth taking and what's a waste of money. Learn the good, the bad and the ugly!
During this seminar you will learn:
- How to recognize safe and clean supplements.
- What works for your goals and how to take it.
- What your kids should stay away from
When: August 9th | 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Grant R. Brimhall Library
1401 E. Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- Individual and group/team nutrition counseling and education to enhance the performance of competitive and recreational athletes, on-site and during travel.
- Translating the latest scientific evidence into practical sports nutrition recommendations.
- Tracking and documenting outcomes of nutrition services, serving as a food and nutrition resource for coaches, trainers, and parents.
- Providing sports nutrition education for health/wellness programs, athletic teams, and community groups.
- Assessing and analyzing dietary practices, body composition, and energy balance (intake and expenditure) of athletes in the context of athletic performance and health.
- Counseling athletes on optimal nutrition for exercise training (match nutrition to training phases and goals), competition, recovery from exercise, weight management, hydration, immunity, disordered eating, travel, and supplementation.
- Counseling athletes on achieving and maintaining a level of body mass, body fat, and muscle mass that is consistent with good health and good performance.
- Providing personalized meal and snack plans to promote achieving short- and long-term goals for athletic performance and good health.
- Addressing nutritional challenges to performance, such as food allergies, bone mineral disturbances, gastrointestinal disturbances, iron depletion, and iron-deficiency anemia.
- Providing medical nutrition therapy, as needed, to help manage or treat medical conditions.
- Counseling athletes on optimal nutrition for recovery from illness or injury.
- Coordinating nutritional care as a member of multidisciplinary sports medical/sports science teams.
- Providing liaison with in- and out-patient programs for conditions such as disordered eating.
- Evaluating nutritional supplements, including herbal supplements, for legality, safety, quality, and efficacy; monitoring the use of appropriate supplementation.
- Education in food selection (grocery store tours, food storage) and food preparation (cooking instructions).
- Developing and delivering nutrition education presentations, demonstrations, or events on various topics related to nutrition for performance.
- Menu Planning for individual and team travel.
- Recommending appropriate pre-, during, and post-exercise fluids and snacks for individual training, team practice, and competition.
- Nutrition resource for coaches, teachers, trainers, food service personnel, and parents.
Julia Budniak Sports Nutritionist
Click here to learn more about Julia