Sports Academy is proud to be a part of one of the fastest growing sports in the United States - pickleball.
As a member of the USA Pickleball Association (USAPA), and with the capacity to provide up to 15 USAPA-regulated courts, Sports Academy is a premier indoor location for both recreational and tournament play.
Whether you’re new to the sport of pickleball, or an experienced competitor, we guarantee a quality experience to members of all ages and abilities. In addition, as a participant in one of our pickleball programs, you will have access to utilizing top of the line brand names and equipment, such as Selkirk paddles and ONIX Pure2 Indoor balls.
Pickleball is a racquet sport that combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. Two, three, or four players use solid paddles made to hit a perforated polymer ball, similar to a wiffleball, over a net. The sport shares features of other racquet sports, the dimensions and layout of a badminton court, and a net and rules similar to tennis, with a few modifications. Pickleball was invented in the mid-1960s as a children's backyard pastime but quickly became popular among adults as a fun game for players of all levels.Pickleball Fun Facts
- The sport of pickleball has been around since 1965
- Today it is estimated that over 2 million people play the game
- It is estimated by 2018 there will be over 8 million players
- 68% of all players are over 60 years old
- USAPA membership is up 64% since 2010
- Played in The United States, Canada, Mexico, Netherlands, India, England, Australia, China and Spain
Join the Pickleball Mailing List
Stay up to date with Sports Academy Pickleball and other programing
Sports Academy has two offerings for the 2017 season
To register for either offering, please click on the registration buttons below, call us (844) 518-7246 or visit the front desk next time you are on campus!
Pickleball Club Monthly Membership - $30/month
- Unlimited access to Pickleball Open Play
- Monday - Friday, 8am – 12pm
- Free use of quality equipment & accessories
- Selkirk paddles and ONIX Pure2 Indoor balls
Access to discounts on various services within Integrated Sports Medicine
- $10 (regular $25) - 30 minute Recovery Room session
- $225 monthly (regular $300) – Cryotherapy Membership
Pickleball Daily Drop - In $5/day
- Access to Pickleball Open Play
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8am –11am